Calm Your Tempeh

21/10/2017

Sun Pier House Tearooms | A vegan guide to Medway

Tea and cake at Sun Pier House Tearooms

Anyone who has followed me on social media for any length of time knows that I'm a massive fan of Sun Pier House Tearooms in Chatham. I wouldn't be surprised if the staff are sick of me by now! But there are good reasons why this cafe is my favourite in all of Medway.
Firstly, the decor is absolutely beautiful. The tearoom has a "found vintage" vibe to it, with chairs and tables that are all different. The windowsills are full of classic books, including textbooks which my grandad used at school, and there is a great river view from the large windows. There is also an adjoined art gallery which is generally open and free to browse; the exhibitions often feature local artists.

Vintage finds and local art feature prominently

Sun Pier House is also one of the few places in Medway that I feel comfortable going to with the intention of working. The building is a collective space for small businesses and creatives which gives it a friendly and motivating atmosphere to work in. They have good wifi and enough seating that you don't feel like you're taking up space. Their coffee is good, but I'd especially recommend getting a pot of their loose leaf tea.

Coffee and dessert

But we all care most about the food, right? Sun Pier House has a good selection of mains for vegans, ranging from soup to sandwiches to burgers. They also have rotating seasonal specials, such as vegetable chilli or chickpea curry. The food is always delicious, and you get a decent portion size for your money. Vegan options are clearly labelled on the menu.

My favourite chocolate cake

Most exciting of all is that they always have at least one vegan cake option! Their chocolate cake is absolutely gorgeous, I love it so much that I had some as my birthday cake. They also have gluten-free and omnivore options which makes it a great choice for the whole family. The staff are really friendly and always seem happy to help you with questions about dietary requirements.

The tearoom also offers a prebookable vegan afternoon tea, which I'm hoping to try one day!

Overall, Sun Pier House Tearooms is a solid 9/10. I definitely recommend visiting.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What's on your mind? :)