Calm Your Tempeh

30/04/2018

April 2018 favourites | Food and media

Art exhibition at Sun Pier House gallery, Chatham

April is my favourite month of the year. The sun starts to shine, flowers start to bloom, and I have an excuse to eat lots of cake because it's my birthday! Today I wanted to share with you some of the things I've been loving this month.

Food

1. Shoryu Ramen, Stratford. I visited with some colleagues because we're all big fans of Shoryu's ramen! Their "white natural" ramen is completely vegan, and comes topped with two massive chunks of tofu. Their Stratford eatery can be a bit hectic because it's more designed for a quick lunch, so I'd recommend visiting one of their sit-down London restaurants.

2. The Lady Luck, Canterbury. I've been to the Lady Luck a fair few times, thanks to socials with my old society and family visits. On this visit, I had their barbecue pulled jackfruit burger and some garlic bread. I absolutely recommend it, it's one of the best jackfruit burgers I've ever had. Their vegan garlic mayonnaise is amazing as well!

3. Sun Pier House Tearooms, Chatham. I visited for my birthday because I love their chocolate cake. They also had a really interesting art exhibition which showcased art using different textures. You can read more about Sun Pier House in "A vegan guide to Medway".

4. Tesco's Free-from pesto. I've developed an unhealthy addiction and have started putting it on everything from rice to potatoes to crackers. It makes an amazing sandwich spread!

5. Pizza Express. We finally had the chance to try out the vegan cheese they now offer for pizzas, and I absolutely loved it. It's the same as Zizzi's, which I reviewed when they first introduced it.

White natural ramen at Shoryu

Media

1. A Place Further Than The Universe. Technically I watched this in March, but it's still my favourite this month! "A Place Further Than The Universe" is a Japanese animated series about a group of girls who make it their mission to visit Antarctica. I loved it because you get a real sense of the girls' friendship developing, but it's also inspiring as it makes you question what's holding you back from your dreams. You can watch it on Crunchyroll.

2. The Financial Diet. I recently subscribed to TFD's YouTube channel and have been binge watching ever since! Some of their advice is tailored to people with a lot more money than me so it can be irrelevant at times, but there is some genuinely helpful advice mixed in.

3. Pokemon Go. Yes, I'm playing Pokemon Go again! They had an event this month and I played it with my youngest sister; we rarely get to spend time together, so I really valued the opportunity.


What have you been loving this month? Let me know in the comments below!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What's on your mind? :)