Calm Your Tempeh

01/07/2016

Craft update | June 2016

Hi there everyone! Many of you may know I own an Etsy store called Geomancy Designs, where I sell some of the arts and crafts I create in my spare time. I thought I'd give you a little insight into what I've made in the month of June, and how I go about making those things.


Altered cards

During my exams, I was too busy revising to focus on creating art cards for the shop, but I didn't want to forget how to use POSCA pens! To make sure I didn't forget what I was doing, I made sure to create an altered Pokemon card every day. This is simply changing the card's art from standard colouration to the shiny version of the Pokemon.

This turned out to be a really idea, as I discovered a few handy shading techniques which I later applied to art cards. I really enjoyed making these and they're a fun little way to use up the doubles in my Pokemon TCG collection, so I may keep making them.


Custom Order

I got a message from a previous customer asking if I can make custom orders - which I can! She had previously bought art cards of the original three evolutions of Eevee, and wanted the rest to complete her collection. Unfortunately, she asked right as my exams started, so it took almost a month for me to complete her order! To make up for this, I made her two altered Eevee cards which made the Pokemon shiny which she could have for free.




Art cards

Pokemon art cards are my favourite things to create. To make them, I simply draw onto spare TCG energy cards using POSCA paint pens. They're a great way for me to remove unneeded energy cards from my collection, while making someone happy and making some extra cash too.

I've made four sets since my exams finished - the Gardevoir evolution, Squirtle's evolution line, the recently announced Alola starters and some random Hoenn Pokemon. I've made a few other cards, but they're a secret until they appear on my Etsy shop!


Other stuff

Sometimes I like to try out random things, and I've certainly been doing that recently. My grandparents bought me some air drying clay while I was studying Art A Level, but I never used it. I decided I'd test it out by making some Pokemon figures. I made a Swablu and a Wooper, as well as an Oddish and a miniature cookie. Although I definitely need more practice and probably won't be selling them, I'm excited to see how they look once painted and glazed.

I also made a decoden phone case, which I've wanted to do since I was very young. I used decorative filler, charms and a My Little Pony figure on a clear phone case. Although others recommend using an icing tip, I found this quite difficult, so I chose to fluff up the filler with a tool in several places. I also found placing the charms very difficult. It was a lot of fun and I'd definitely recommend trying it if you're considering it, but don't expect to do a good job the first few times!


That's all the crafting I've been up to this month. Have a wonderful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What's on your mind? :)