Calm Your Tempeh

08/07/2016

The Vegan Kind Subscription Box Review (July 2016)



Yesterday, my first The Vegan Kind lifestyle box was delivered. I've always loved the idea of subscription boxes but never really found one I felt was worth committing to beyond the cheap but loveable Graze box. However, TVK caught my eye. Since they do an introductory offer when you sign up for their newsletter, I thought I'd give it a go - I could always cancel it if I didn't like it. No need for that though, as I do like it!


This month's box included the following:
  • Oloves Chilli & Garlic Black Olives. When I was younger I hated olives with a passion, but I've been warming to them in recent years. This brand must be called Oloves for a reason, because they made me totally fall in love with olives. Garlic has always been one of my favourite accompaniments to olives (and food in general, I'm convinced it can make anything taste good) but the slight kick from the chilli made a world of difference! However, these sell for £1 per snack pack, so it would probably be cheaper to make these yourself at home.
  • Yushoi Soy & Balsamic Vinegar Snapea Rice Sticks. I've previously tried other flavours of these, so I thought they'd be a winner, but I was actually quite unimpressed. Compared to other offerings from Yushoi, they were awfully bland. I'd recommend picking up the Sweet Chilli & Lemon flavour instead.
  • Conscious Goji Berry & Coconut Chocolate. Raw food always scares me a bit, especially things like chocolate. However, my boyfriend and I were pleasantly surprised by this! It struck the right balance between sweet and bitter thanks to the goji berries, and the coconut added a bit of interesting texture. Ours was a bit melted due to the summer heat, but gorgeous nonetheless.
  • Angelic Gluten Free Cake Slices. This was chocolate, coconut and oats flavoured. Words cannot express how nice this was. It's super difficult to find packaged vegan cake, let alone packaged vegan cake that's actually good, yet both my boyfriend and I were blown away by them. You can barely taste the coconut in these, but we considered that a good thing. Instead, it was just chocolatey cakey goodness. We may well buy these again!
  • Goody Good Stuff Cola Breeze Sweets. I love Goody Good Stuff's vegan sweets, especially the Summer Peaches, but I hate cola. Why do they always have to give out the cola flavoured sweets?! 
  • Virtue Lemon Ice Tea. This is yet to be opened because neither of us are particularly enthusiastic about lemons or iced tea, but I'd imagine it's very refreshing on a hot summer day. It contains a substantial amount of several vitamins too, so is a great way to cram in some extra goodness.
  • Harper's Bizarre "The Raspberry Kind" Candle. I've wanted to buy from Harper's Candles for a very long time now but never had the chance, so I nearly cried when I saw this in the box! It has a very strong scent which easily diffuses, so it made my whole flat smell like raspberries. It's also made from soy wax, so burns cleaner and is less environmentally damaging than paraffin wax. Harper's Bizarre candles are relatively cheap at £5 for a small jar, so I may have to stop buying Yankee Candles in place of these!
  • Recipes. This month there was a dessert recipe from Hannah Victoria (a fellow Psychology student!) and a cookbook Fry's Family Foods, whose mock meat products are well loved in my household.

That's everything! I was very happy with this box, as it delivered something I'd wanted for a long time and introduced me to potential new favourites. You can check TVK out here - they also do a quarterly beauty subscription box.


Have a wonderful day!

Bethan

No comments:

Post a Comment

What's on your mind? :)