Calm Your Tempeh

31/07/2016

July 2016 Round Up!

The limits of my gig photography (Trash Boat @ The Dome, 28/07/2016)

July has been a pretty good month for me. Although summer break’s lack of structure always leaves me feeling a bit lost, I’ve done some really fun things and even forced myself to do some work! I’ve hung out with friends and gone to some cool events such as Just V and Maidstone Vegan Festival. I also managed to get a head start on my autumn term at university, made a small backlog of crafts to list on my Etsy shop when I’m busy with uni, and of course have worked on this blog.

Possibly the most exciting thing was hitting 1,000 views! This has been on my bucket list since I started the blog, and certainly wasn’t expecting it to happen so soon. Thank you so much to everyone who have been reading, hopefully I can keep creating content you guys enjoy!

What I’ve been loving


Food:
  • Seaside Cake Parlour. I briefly mentioned this cafe in my “Trip to Margate” post. It was absolutely amazing! I’m hoping to go back soon, so keep your eyes peeled for a full review.
  • Zizzi’s vegan pizza. We’ve been twice in a month. Send help. Apparently Sainsbury’s are starting to stock the Mozzarisella vegan cheese they use, which will hopefully save us a few pounds (financially - maybe not in terms of weight).
  • Courgettes. They’ve been in season and I couldn’t stop eating them. Try griddling them with some ginger, it’s to die for.
  • Chamomile tea. I’ve been struggling to sleep a little bit, possibly due to the lack of structure in my days, so this has really helped.


Beauty and fashion:
  • Coconut oil. I’ve been using it as a hair treatment since my conditioner ran out, and it’s worked great. It leaves my hair so soft and has been helping get rid of frizz too.
  • The Guv’ner from Lush Cosmetics. This stuff has been a lifesaver during the hot weather! It’s a natural powder deodorant, so you can easily brush it on your skin pretty much anywhere. I’ve been using it on my back because let’s be real, we all get sweaty backs.
  • What Goes Around… Vintage. I always pop into this shop at Camden Market, but never bought anything until this month. I’d definitely recommend it – it’s much more affordable than many other vintage shops.


Entertainment:
  • Sigur Rós. Until this month, they were a band I thought I’d never heard of but actually knew quite a few of their songs (does anyone not know Hoppípolla?). I finally looked them up properly this month, and I’ve fallen in love. I’m obsessed with Iceland, so eerily beautiful Icelandic songs are the perfect soundtrack when I’m working.
  • The Wonder Years. Kind of a late addition, but I saw them live and it’s refuelled my love of them!
  • The Pitch Control. This is the YouTube channel of a guy called Curtis. He basically just vlogs his life, but it’s quite interesting because he’s an English dude living in Berlin. He’s also vegan, so his channel’s a great way to find the best places for vegan food.
  • Pokemon Go. In case you couldn’t tell by my article about it, I’m utterly addicted. I have a Hypno with 1089CP I’m pretty proud of.


What I’m excited for next month


The calendar is a little empty next month, although I’m visiting Copenhagen with my sister which should be fun! You can expect a post or two about my favourite places we visit.


How was July for you guys? Let me know in the comments below, and have a great day!

- Bethan

2 comments:

  1. Hi Bethan,
    Your July was so fun! I love courgettes too, I'm making a big pesto courgette salad this weekend for my friends bridal shower. Hopefully everyone likes it :)
    I also love coconut oil as a skincare product. It is so rehydrating for my skin and hair.
    I have been preparing for a 5 week trip in September so I'm working and saving as much as I can.
    Have a great August! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pesto courgette salad sounds amazing, I love pesto so I might have to try it! Good luck saving up for the trip, and have fun on it!! :~)

      Delete

What's on your mind? :)